I am in a very serious problem. All my files are encrypted with RestoLocker Ransomware virus. I am unable to open any file. When I try to open them, they give an error message. There is a note on my desktop telling me to pay money to these crooks.
RestoLocker Ransomware is a very dangerous computer virus which locks all the files on a computer system. This is a ransomware virus which encrypts different kind of file on a system. It demands money in exchange of decryption key for files. The virus also threatens the users to pay the ransom within a time or they will destroy all the files on the computer. RestoLocker Ransomware can encrypt all known file formats. Except for the dll and exe files, all other files can be encrypted by this ransomware virus. This list includes images, documents, excel sheets, dbms files, pdf, zip, php, html, asp, joomla and many more file extensions. The virus demands money in bit coins. This is a kind of digital currency.
RestoLocker Ransomware works in a very complicated manner. This vicious virus has a complex algorithm to follow all the tasks very quickly on the computer. We try to explain its working in simple words here. Soon after getting installed on the system, this vicious ransomware scans the whole system. It deletes all kinds of duplicate files and folders that can be found on the computer. RestoLocker Ransomware has a built in list of all known extensions found today. The virus starts to arrange the files in a particular order according to this list. After arranging all files, this virus starts the encryption process. As the final step, a ransom note is left in every folder of encrypted files and replaced with the desktop background.
RestoLocker Ransomware demands money in bit coins. This is new kind of currency which falls in the category of digital currency. It is a new kind of money which is not controlled by any governments. That is why the criminals like this currency because it can not be tracked by the security agencies. Specially bit coins is created and distributed online. Any one can buy this in exchange of a few dollars. However, it is a bad idea to pay any money to these crooks. They don’t give you any guarantee to fix your files. Paying money to these crooks can always lead you to problems. There are many tools available online to remove RestoLocker Ransomware from the system and recover your encrypted files.
Manual Guidelines to Remove RestoLocker Ransomware:-
Step 1: Restart the compromised PC in “Safe mode with Networking”.
- Reboot the PC by clicking on Start >> Restart option.
- Tap F8 key repeatedly until Windows Advanced Screen appears on the screen.
- From the list, use the arrow key to select “Safe mode with networking” option.
Step 2: Remove suspicious files, folders or icons created by RestoLocker Ransomware.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Appearance and personalization >> Folder options.
- Click on the View tab.
- Check “Show hidden files and folders” option to view all the files.
- Select the suspicious files related to RestoLocker Ransomware and remove them immediately.
Step 3: Terminate fake processes from Task manager.
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del keys together to open Task manager.
- Click on Processes tab.
- Select the bogus task related to RestoLocker Ransomware and click on End Processes option.
Step 4: Remove bogus codes or payloads from the Windows Registry Editor.
- Open Run command by pressing Win + R keys.
- Type “regedit” in the box and click on OK button.
- Select the fake entries or codes associated with RestoLocker Ransomware and click on Remove button.
Step 5: Uninstall unwanted programs from Control Panel.
- Open Control panel by typing “appwiz.cpl” in the Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove programs.
- Select the unwanted programs and click on Uninstall option.
Important Point for Novice users: If you are thinking to remove RestoLocker Ransomware with the help of manual steps then be careful. It contains some complex steps. If you will accidentally delete any important file then it can affect the system performance. Hence, if you don’t have much idea about the internal files then do not follow these steps.
Automatic Guidelines to Get Rid of RestoLocker Ransomware:-
If you are unable to follow the manual steps due to complex process then no need to worry. To help the novice users, experts have created Free RestoLocker Ransomware Scanner which provides real-time protection to the Windows PC. It is fast and efficient tool which carries ability to scan the system internally and remove all the malicious programs permanently. The interface of tool is user-friendly, so it can be handled by novice users also. Hence, if you want to prevent your PC from further hazards then download the trial version of the software now.