My system is infected with W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr virus. It has slowed down my computer. Many programs are not running. The system is getting crashed very often. I am also unable to open and use internet. Some times the system becomes non responsive.
W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr is a very dangerous computer virus. This is a Trojan horse which destroys the PC from within the PC. It carries out numerous operations in the background of the computer. User does not notice these activities but they are slightly dangerous for the computer. They also consume CPU resources and memory components which makes the computer very slow. These activities are also harmful for the computer system. W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr also disables many important programs on the computer. These programs are required to run other important programs on the system. In absence of these programs, the computer becomes useless. This Trojan horse is a complete disaster for any operating system.
W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr also deletes and modifies very important and crucial files from the system. These files are generally hidden and only an expert knows the locations of these files. This indicates that very intelligent people are involved in development of this virus. When these crucial files are deleted, they lead to the improper functionality and behavior of the system. The system starts to crash because of lack of these files. W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr also creates a spot on the infected computer which makes it easy for remote hackers to hack the affected system. Whenever you will try to use your credit card on the system, the crooks can detect this action and track your activities. These hackers can also access your personal data that might be stored on your computer.
W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr can also spy on the activities of the user of the infected computer. The vicious Trojan tries to collect and analyze personal information that can be gathered from the computer. It tries to understand the online behavior and choices of the user. The information is used to target people to sell different products. To accomplish this purpose, the virus tracks the search queries searched by the user. It also records the address of the sites visited by the user. W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr is also looking for financial information which can be found on the computer. If you have ever used your credit card on the system, especially ewhen it is infected, the virus is most likely to find out details related to credit card. It is a very good idea to get rid of W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr as soon as possible.
Summary of W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr:-
- Name: W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr
- Type: Trojan
- Danger level: High
- Geographical Distribution: Global
- No. Of file infects: 0-51 at a time
- Wild level: Medium
- Affected Operating System: Different version of Windows
- Removal: Difficult
How to Get Rid of W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr?
As you know, W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr can harm your PC if stays longer. You can remove the threat through manual or automatic method. We are describing the steps below. You just need to follow them carefully in step-by-step manner.
Option A: Manual Steps to Remove W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr:-
Step 1: Restart the PC in “Safe mode with Networking”.
- Firstly, you need to click on Start button and choose Restart option.
- During the booting process, press F8 key simultaneously until Windows Advanced option appears on the screen.
- From the list, select “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Step 2: Select and remove suspicious hidden files related to W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr.
- Click on Start button >> Control Panel >> Appearance and Personalization.
- Select the Folder options and Go to View tab.
- Under the Advanced settings, you need to click on “Show hidden files and folders” option.
- Identify the files related to W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr and click on Remove button.
Step 3: Remove bogus entries from Windows Registry Editor.
- Open the Run command by pressing Win + R keys.
- Type “regedit” in the box and hit Enter key.
- Select the malicious entries and remove them immediately.
Step 4: Terminate fake processes from Task Manager.
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del keys together.
- Go to Processes tab. Detect the fake processes related to the threat and click on “End processes” option.
Step 5: Uninstall unwanted programs from Control Panel.
- Select Control panel by clicking on Start button.
- Go to Add/Remove programs.
- Select the unknown programs and click on Uninstall button.
Option B: Use Automatic Tool to Remove W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr
The manual steps require technical knowledge and it consumes more time than usual. If you don’t have much knowledge about the internal files then do not follow the aforesaid steps. In such a case, you need to make use of Free W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr Scanner. It is one of the best tools which will provide optimum protection to the system against all types of malignant threats. The best part of the software is that it supports user-friendly interface. The installation steps of the software are quite simple which can be easily handled by novice users also. So, what are you waiting for, don’t make any delay in downloading the software.
Precaution Tips to Protect PC from W32/Blocker.KGWU!tr In Future:-
After removing the threat permanently, you need to follow some prevention tips. It will help you to protect your PC from future attacks. Some of the important points are given below:-
- Avoid visiting unknown sites.
- Do not open spam emails send by unknown person.
- Scan your PC at certain intervals using updated antivirus program.
- Don’t install free software from unauthorized sources.
- Enable Windows Firewall alert.
- Before using pen drives or removable media, scan it properly.