All my files are encrypted. This is very disturbing. I can’t access my own files on my own computer. They are locked. What I am seeing is a message on my computer screen. The message is telling me to pay money to unlock files.
Zoneware Ransomware is a malicious system virus which encrypts files on the infected system. This vicious virus fall in the category of ransomware as its name suggests. This virus locks the files present on the system. These files can be located in any part of the computer system. The harmful ransomware also changes the extension of the infected files which are locked using this virus. Zoneware Ransomware is a very dangerous application which can infect all known types of file formats. This vicious virus can encrypt almost all known file formats. Except for dll and exe files which are really necessary for the system to work properly, this virus can lock all other files. Documents, pdf, zip, net, asp, php, html, png, jpg, mpg, mp3, mp4 vlc all files can be encrypted using this virus.
How Zoneware Ransomware works on system is a complicated issue. It consists of various algorithms and system tricks and hacks. We are trying to explain this process here in simple words. After getting installed on the system the first attempt by this software is to scan the whole system. The ransomware scans the whole system to remove all duplicate files that can be found on the computer. After deleting these files, the ransomware arranges the files in a particular order according to their extensions. This is done based on a file which comes inbuilt with ransomware virus. After this, all files are encrypted. Their extension is changed so the users can’t access them. As the final step, a ransom note is left on the computer.
The ranoms money demanded by Zoneware Ransomware is in bit coins. This is a popular digital currency which is in trend from last few years. Any one can buy this currency from internet in exchange of a few dollars. This currency is generated and managed online. There is no physical presence of this currency. The main reason behind choosing this currency by the cyber criminals is that is can not be tracked by security agencies. Due to the nature of this digital currency it is very difficult to track. Another reason fort this problem is that this currency is not owned by any government. It is useless to pay ransom money. There is no guarantee that your files will be fixed. There are many tools available online to delete Zoneware Ransomware and recover your files.
Manual Guidelines to Remove Zoneware Ransomware:-
Step 1: Restart the compromised PC in “Safe mode with Networking”.
- Reboot the PC by clicking on Start >> Restart option.
- Tap F8 key repeatedly until Windows Advanced Screen appears on the screen.
- From the list, use the arrow key to select “Safe mode with networking” option.
Step 2: Remove suspicious files, folders or icons created by Zoneware Ransomware.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Appearance and personalization >> Folder options.
- Click on the View tab.
- Check “Show hidden files and folders” option to view all the files.
- Select the suspicious files related to Zoneware Ransomware and remove them immediately.
Step 3: Terminate fake processes from Task manager.
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del keys together to open Task manager.
- Click on Processes tab.
- Select the bogus task related to Zoneware Ransomware and click on End Processes option.
Step 4: Remove bogus codes or payloads from the Windows Registry Editor.
- Open Run command by pressing Win + R keys.
- Type “regedit” in the box and click on OK button.
- Select the fake entries or codes associated with Zoneware Ransomware and click on Remove button.
Step 5: Uninstall unwanted programs from Control Panel.
- Open Control panel by typing “appwiz.cpl” in the Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove programs.
- Select the unwanted programs and click on Uninstall option.
Important Point for Novice users: If you are thinking to remove Zoneware Ransomware with the help of manual steps then be careful. It contains some complex steps. If you will accidentally delete any important file then it can affect the system performance. Hence, if you don’t have much idea about the internal files then do not follow these steps.
Automatic Guidelines to Get Rid of Zoneware Ransomware:-
If you are unable to follow the manual steps due to complex process then no need to worry. To help the novice users, experts have created Free Zoneware Ransomware Scanner which provides real-time protection to the Windows PC. It is fast and efficient tool which carries ability to scan the system internally and remove all the malicious programs permanently. The interface of tool is user-friendly, so it can be handled by novice users also. Hence, if you want to prevent your PC from further hazards then download the trial version of the software now.