My computer has gone mad from a lst few days. I am getting to see so many ads. The ads says sponsored by Trojan.FormBook. The computer has also become very slow. It has started to crash every now and then. I am unable to start some programs.
It looks like you are infected from a virus named Trojan.FormBook. This is a very dangerous computer infection which falls in the category of Trojan horse. A Trojan virus completely destroys the system slowly step by step. This vicious virus makes changes to the windows registry editor. It registers it self there to make it an integral part of the computer system. Trojan.FormBook also deletes many important files from the core of the system. These files are very important for the system to run properly. They are kept hidden in secret folders so the normal user can’t access these files. Some of these files are also modified by this Trojan horse so it can make them work according to the need of the virus.
Trojan.FormBook carries out numerous illegal programs on the computer system. These programs are run in the background so the user does not have any idea of this. Many of these programs are very harmful for the computer. They are also known as illegal programs. They also consume very high CPU resources and memory components from the computer system. This makes the system awfully slow. Trojan.FormBook also disables many programs from the computer. These programs are very important. They give background and support to run other programs. In the absence of these programs the computer becomes useless. This Trojan horse also leads to often crash and blue screen error on the system.
Trojan.FormBook is spread on the internet using various tricks. These tricks are developed by the crooks who develop such viruses. They are also working hard find new ways to infect the computer system. These viruses are spread using various techniques like spam emails, peer to peer file sharing, bundling of the virus, placing malicious links on some sites, using a crack or keygen or downloading a torrent file. All these are modern ways used by cyber criminals to affect the computers. They send spam emails where the virus is attached as a file in these emails. These crooks also used compromised websites to spread the virus to the computers used to visit porn sites. It is advisable to uninstall Trojan.FormBook from the system as soon as possible.
Summary of Trojan.FormBook:-
- Name: Trojan.FormBook
- Type: Trojan
- Danger level: High
- Geographical Distribution: Global
- No. Of file infects: 0-51 at a time
- Wild level: Medium
- Affected Operating System: Different version of Windows
- Removal: Difficult
How to Get Rid of Trojan.FormBook?
As you know, Trojan.FormBook can harm your PC if stays longer. You can remove the threat through manual or automatic method. We are describing the steps below. You just need to follow them carefully in step-by-step manner.
Option A: Manual Steps to Remove Trojan.FormBook:-
Step 1: Restart the PC in “Safe mode with Networking”.
- Firstly, you need to click on Start button and choose Restart option.
- During the booting process, press F8 key simultaneously until Windows Advanced option appears on the screen.
- From the list, select “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Step 2: Select and remove suspicious hidden files related to Trojan.FormBook.
- Click on Start button >> Control Panel >> Appearance and Personalization.
- Select the Folder options and Go to View tab.
- Under the Advanced settings, you need to click on “Show hidden files and folders” option.
- Identify the files related to Trojan.FormBook and click on Remove button.
Step 3: Remove bogus entries from Windows Registry Editor.
- Open the Run command by pressing Win + R keys.
- Type “regedit” in the box and hit Enter key.
- Select the malicious entries and remove them immediately.
Step 4: Terminate fake processes from Task Manager.
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del keys together.
- Go to Processes tab. Detect the fake processes related to the threat and click on “End processes” option.
Step 5: Uninstall unwanted programs from Control Panel.
- Select Control panel by clicking on Start button.
- Go to Add/Remove programs.
- Select the unknown programs and click on Uninstall button.
Option B: Use Automatic Tool to Remove Trojan.FormBook
The manual steps require technical knowledge and it consumes more time than usual. If you don’t have much knowledge about the internal files then do not follow the aforesaid steps. In such a case, you need to make use of Free Trojan.FormBook Scanner. It is one of the best tools which will provide optimum protection to the system against all types of malignant threats. The best part of the software is that it supports user-friendly interface. The installation steps of the software are quite simple which can be easily handled by novice users also. So, what are you waiting for, don’t make any delay in downloading the software.
Precaution Tips to Protect PC from Trojan.FormBook In Future:-
After removing the threat permanently, you need to follow some prevention tips. It will help you to protect your PC from future attacks. Some of the important points are given below:-
- Avoid visiting unknown sites.
- Do not open spam emails send by unknown person.
- Scan your PC at certain intervals using updated antivirus program.
- Don’t install free software from unauthorized sources.
- Enable Windows Firewall alert.
- Before using pen drives or removable media, scan it properly.