Shark Ransomware is dangerous crypto-threat that can be classified as ransomware. It is mainly created by cyber criminals with main motive to make illegal benefit from infected users. It is the new variant to CryptoMix Ransomware. It is a part of growing trend known as Ransomware as a Service (RaaS). Once it enters, it will scan the system and encrypts your various data or file ad demand ransom for its decryption key. It uses the combination of AES and RSA-1024 encryption algorithm to encrypt the file and append the file name as .locked and .shark extension. Although, Shark Ransomware redirects you to unknown links that convince users to download a ZIP archive called Payloadbundle.zip. This zip archive contains three files: “Payload Builder.exe”, ”Readme.txt”, “Shark.exe”. It allows users to configure all settings via “Payload Builer.exe” file.
After encryption, Shark Ransomware creates a ransom note named as _HELP_INSTRUCTION.TXT and put it in each folder containing encrypted files. According to this ransom note, it contains a short message about encrypted files and mode of payment to buy decryption key. According to this note, cyber criminals demand high ransom in the form of Bitcoins in exchange for decryption key and encourage users to buy it from designated wallet address. The cost of decryption key is not declared but assuming that the cost is based on the basis of how many file are encrypted. The decryption is stored in the server of cyber hackers. After penetration, Shark Ransomware makes new registry entries in Window Registry to achieve high level persistence that can allow other malware threats into the system. It can also disable the Window Firewall and other security tools to be undetected.
Shark Ransomware is mainly distributed through spam email attachments, via exploit kits, P2P networks, visiting suspicious sites and much more. It is strongly recommended that never make any type of payment to the cyber crooks. It is not sure that you will successfully receive decryption key after make payment. Once you make payment, you will automatically connect to the cyber criminals. Through this virus, cyber hackers monitor your online activities and track your browsing details. It can also collect your sensitive information and send to cyber criminals for misuse. Therefore, it is hardly advised you to remove Shark Ransomware from the PC as soon as possible.
Manual Guidelines to Remove Shark Ransomware:-
Step 1: Restart the compromised PC in “Safe mode with Networking”.
- Reboot the PC by clicking on Start >> Restart option.
- Tap F8 key repeatedly until Windows Advanced Screen appears on the screen.
- From the list, use the arrow key to select “Safe mode with networking” option.
Step 2: Remove suspicious files, folders or icons created by Shark Ransomware.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Appearance and personalization >> Folder options.
- Click on the View tab.
- Check “Show hidden files and folders” option to view all the files.
- Select the suspicious files related to Shark Ransomware and remove them immediately.
Step 3: Terminate fake processes from Task manager.
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del keys together to open Task manager.
- Click on Processes tab.
- Select the bogus task related to Shark Ransomware and click on End Processes option.
Step 4: Remove bogus codes or payloads from the Windows Registry Editor.
- Open Run command by pressing Win + R keys.
- Type “regedit” in the box and click on OK button.
- Select the fake entries or codes associated with Shark Ransomware and click on Remove button.
Step 5: Uninstall unwanted programs from Control Panel.
- Open Control panel by typing “appwiz.cpl” in the Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove programs.
- Select the unwanted programs and click on Uninstall option.
Important Point for Novice users: If you are thinking to remove Shark Ransomware with the help of manual steps then be careful. It contains some complex steps. If you will accidentally delete any important file then it can affect the system performance. Hence, if you don’t have much idea about the internal files then do not follow these steps.
Automatic Guidelines to Get Rid of Shark Ransomware:-
If you are unable to follow the manual steps due to complex process then no need to worry. To help the novice users, experts have created Free Shark Ransomware Scanner which provides real-time protection to the Windows PC. It is fast and efficient tool which carries ability to scan the system internally and remove all the malicious programs permanently. The interface of tool is user-friendly, so it can be handled by novice users also. Hence, if you want to prevent your PC from further hazards then download the trial version of the software now.