unitdata.info is noxious infection that comes in the category of browser hijacker family. It is created by cyber hackers with main purpose to make online profit from innocent users. It can install on the system when you are downloading and installing malicious products from the internet. But woefully, it cannot be removed from the system easily. Whenever you remove this browser infection from your legitimate browser, it will reappear again when you open the browser next time. Once it enters into the PC, it will alter your browser settings including home page, new tab page and search engine and redirects your search result to malicious links. After redirection, it will display lots of pop-ups and ads that can promote the third party products and generate revenue for sponsored links.
unitdata.info is mainly spread via spam email attachments, freeware and shareware downloads, clicking on malicious ads, visiting suspicious sites like porn and torrent sites and much more. It can add malicious extension, add-ons and plug-ins that lead to third party sites to make illegal profit from infected users. After penetration, it will modify system settings like Window Registry that can install adware and other malware threats into the system. It can also block anti-virus and other security tools to hide itself into the system for a long time. It can target Windows based system and your useful web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Safari.
Common symptoms of unitdata.info:
- It can hijack web browser and display spam content on computer screen.
- It can open the backdoor for cyber hackers and let them access your computer secretly.
- It can consume lots of space of system resources like CPU and memory that can degradethe performance of PC.
- It can slow down the computer speed and may freeze the browser.
unitdata.info is so nasty that can monitor your online activities and track your browsing details. It can also collect your sensitive information and send to cyber hackers for improper use. Therefore, it is strongly advised the never install or download software from suspicious sites. Read terms and condition carefully before installation. So, to avoid further problem and want to remove this virus then you need to remove unitdata.info from the PC as soon as possible.
How unitdata.info Invades in the Targeted PC?
- Download of free software from unreliable sites.
- Opening spam email attachments send by the unknown user.
- Visiting infected websites.
- Clicking on the suspicious links or pop ups while surfing.
- Executable code attacks.
How To Remove unitdata.info Extensions from Google Chrome?
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Type chrome://extensions in the address bar and hit Enter key.
- Select the suspicious extensions related to unitdata.info and click on Trash icon.
How to Reset Google Chrome Browser?
- Open Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the Chrome menu and select Settings option.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Show advanced settings option.
- Click on the Reset Settings option to restore the default settings of the Chrome.
- A dialog box will appear on screen, you need to click on Reset button.
After resetting the browser, you will loose all your customized settings such as default search engine, Chrome’s homepage etc. Follow the steps which are given below to manage search engine.
Restore Default Search Engine of Chrome:-
- Open the Settings of the Chrome. Under the Search area, click on Manage search engine option.
- Move your mouse pointer to your desire search engine site and click on Make Default option.
How to Protect Chrome browser from unitdata.info?
Google Chrome comes with safe browsing or Site Protection feature. By enabling these features, you can surf the web with lesser risks. It displays a warning message on the screen if you will attempt to visit any unsafe or suspicious sites. In order to enable the protection from harmful sites, you need to follow the steps which are given below:-
- Double click on Chrome icon from the desktop.
- You need to type chrome://settings in the address bar.
- Click on Show advanced settings option located at the bottom of the page.
- Under the Privacy section, check “Protect you and your devices from dangerous sites”.
How To Remove unitdata.info Automatically?
The aforesaid manual steps are quite complex and requires technical knowledge. If you are a novice user then you can make use of unitdata.info Scanner. It allows the users to perform full scanning in the system. After the successful scanning, it will display the list of available threats and helps the users to remove them permanently. Due to its easy-to-use interface, professionals as well as beginners can also use the software. It comes with several advanced features which makes it the best scanner. Thus, you can download the trial version of the software to check its working performance.
Prevention Tips To Avoid unitdata.info in Future:
Install Effective Anti-Malware Program: To enhance the security of the PC, you should install updated anti-virus program which can provide real time protection as well as block malicious communication.
Browser Security: You should maximize the security of your browser. These days, every browser comes with their unique feature. It will help you to minimize the risk of virus infection.
Be Cautious during Surfing the Web: Internet is useful but at the same time, it is full of online fraud and malicious threats. Thus, you should avoid clicking on any suspicious links, visiting unknown websites, downloading free programs without reading the EULA etc.
Email Attachments: Usually cyber crooks uses spam emails to transfer harmful threats from one PC to another. Thus, if you find any email with attachment in your spam folder then delete it immediately without clicking the link.
Update Installed Software: Software vendors always release the latest version of their programs when any flaw is discovered. Updating the programs will make your PC more secure from the dangerous threats such as Trojans, virus, worms, adware, browser hijackers etc. So, always check for the updates to prevent your system.
Presence of unitdata.info can make your PC more vulnerable and create more troubles for the users. If you can’t remove it manually,
>> Click Here to Download SpyHunter – A Professional Malware Scanner