TankPolice@aolonline.top Ransomware is hazardous threat that comes under the category of ransomware family. It is mainly created by cyber criminals with main motive to extort money from innocent users. Cyber security researcher noted that it was first reported on 1st week of September, 2017. Once it infiltrates the system, it will scan the entire system and encrypts your various data or file and demand ransom for its decryption key. It uses the combination of AES and RSA cryptography algorithm to encrypt the files. After encryption, it will create a ransom note in the form of TEXT or HTML format and put it in each folder containing encrypted files or also display on the computer screen. According to ransom note, it contains a short message about encrypted files and payment method to buy decryption key.
TankPolice@aolonline.top Ransomware is mainly distributed through spam email attachments, via exploit kits, peer-to-peer sharing of network, freeware and shareware downloads, visiting suspicious sites and much more. Cyber criminals demand ransom for its decryption key and encourage users to buy decryption key from designated wallet address. The cost of decryption key is declared in the form of digital currency known as Bitcoins. The decryption key is stored in the server of cyber criminals. They can also warns users that if you not make payment in given time and want to remove this virus then you will lose your file permanently. After infiltration, TankPolice@aolonline.top Ransomware makes new registry entries in Window Registry to achieve high level persistence that can allow other malware threats into the system. It can also block Window Firewall and other security tools to be undetected.
It is strongly recommended that never pay any type of money to the cyber criminals. It is not sure that you will successfully receive decryption key after make payment. Once you make payment, you will automatically connect to the cyber criminals. Through this virus, they can monitor your online activities and steal your privacy for misuse. Therefore, it is hardly advised you to remove TankPolice@aolonline.top Ransomware from the PC as early as possible.
Manual Guidelines to Remove TankPolice@aolonline.top Ransomware:-
Step 1: Restart the compromised PC in “Safe mode with Networking”.
- Reboot the PC by clicking on Start >> Restart option.
- Tap F8 key repeatedly until Windows Advanced Screen appears on the screen.
- From the list, use the arrow key to select “Safe mode with networking” option.
Step 2: Remove suspicious files, folders or icons created by TankPolice@aolonline.top Ransomware.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Appearance and personalization >> Folder options.
- Click on the View tab.
- Check “Show hidden files and folders” option to view all the files.
- Select the suspicious files related to TankPolice@aolonline.top Ransomware and remove them immediately.
Step 3: Terminate fake processes from Task manager.
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del keys together to open Task manager.
- Click on Processes tab.
- Select the bogus task related to TankPolice@aolonline.top Ransomware and click on End Processes option.
Step 4: Remove bogus codes or payloads from the Windows Registry Editor.
- Open Run command by pressing Win + R keys.
- Type “regedit” in the box and click on OK button.
- Select the fake entries or codes associated with TankPolice@aolonline.top Ransomware and click on Remove button.
Step 5: Uninstall unwanted programs from Control Panel.
- Open Control panel by typing “appwiz.cpl” in the Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove programs.
- Select the unwanted programs and click on Uninstall option.
Important Point for Novice users: If you are thinking to remove TankPolice@aolonline.top Ransomware with the help of manual steps then be careful. It contains some complex steps. If you will accidentally delete any important file then it can affect the system performance. Hence, if you don’t have much idea about the internal files then do not follow these steps.
Automatic Guidelines to Get Rid of TankPolice@aolonline.top Ransomware:-
If you are unable to follow the manual steps due to complex process then no need to worry. To help the novice users, experts have created Free TankPolice@aolonline.top Ransomware Scanner which provides real-time protection to the Windows PC. It is fast and efficient tool which carries ability to scan the system internally and remove all the malicious programs permanently. The interface of tool is user-friendly, so it can be handled by novice users also. Hence, if you want to prevent your PC from further hazards then download the trial version of the software now.