When i launch my browser, Seekdns.com appears as my default homepage. I tried to open other websites then i again noticed redirection of the page. This site displays various categories and claims to improve my working experience. Is Seekdns.com a legitimate domain? Will it be safe to download any software from its links? How it automatically got installed in my system? Could you please provide completely details about it? All the answers will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Seekdns.com is categorized as browser hijacker which pretends to be a legitimate domain. It can sneak in Windows based PC without any prior notifications. Once gets installed, it will try to gain the system controls by performing changes in the privacy settings. Seekdns.com may install unreliable extensions in the browsers to mislead the online session of the users. On its homepage, you will find lots of categories such as Entertainment, Travel, Shopping, Computers, Gifts and many more. Clicking on these links will re-route you to unauthorized pages of the third parties. Gradually, your screen will be filled with countless advertisements or promotional alerts. It may force you to install the latest version software in order to improve your browsing experience. Seekdns.com is not a legitimate domain, hence, you need to remove it quickly from your PC.
The main motive of the hackers is to drive more traffic on Seekdns.com through illegal ways. You need to be aware that if you will click on “Next” button to install program from its links then lots of additional threats will also invade in your PC. So, try to check the EULA (End Users Licensed Agreements) carefully to avoid such situations. This hijacker can also drop bogus codes in the registry editor of the system. It helps the threat to run automatically after the booting process of the PC. Its presence can affect the running speed of the system functions and several installed will stop responding. Moreover, you will find lots of changes in the default settings of the PC and it will behave strangely. Crashing of the operating system will become a regular issue in its presence. Hence, it is highly recommended to remove Seekdns.com in the early phase after detection
Threat Assessment of Seekdns.com:-
- Name: Seekdns.com
- Type: Browser Hijacker
- Wild Level: Medium
- Danger Level: High
- Geographical Distribution: Global
- Infected Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
How to Remove Seekdns.com Manually?
Step 1: Uninstall suspicious programs associated with Seekdns.com from Control Panel.
- Click on Start button. From the list of options, select Control Panel.
- Under the programs Category, Click on Uninstall a program option.
- Identify the suspicious programs related to Seekdns.com and click on Uninstall button.
Step 2: Remove fake codes from Windows Registry Editor.
- Open Run command prompt by pressing Win + R keys.
- You need to type “regedit” in the box and click on OK button.
- From Registry Editor, you need to select and remove the fake codes related to the threat.
Step 3: Reset the installed browses to its default.
For Chrome users:-
- Open Chrome browser. Click on the menu icon and select Settings from the list. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Show Advance settings option.
- Under the Reset section, click on Reset Settings options.
- A confirmation box will appear on the screen, you need to click on Reset option.
For Mozilla Firefox users:-
- Open the browser. Click on the menu icons and choose help option.
- Select Troubleshooting information and click on Refresh Firefox option.
For Internet Explorer users:-
- Open IE browser. Click on Tools menu and choose Internet option from the list.
- Go to Advanced tab and click on Reset button.
- A dialog box will appear on the screen, check “Delete personal settings” option and finally click on Reset button.
Important Note for Novice Users:-
However, manual removal steps will help you to remove the presence of Seekdns.com from the PC but it is quite risky and complicated. In this process, you need to remove fake entries and uninstall unknown programs. Single mistakes in file deletion can results to crashing of the operating system. Thus, if you don’t have much idea about the internal files then avoid following these steps.
How to Delete Seekdns.com Automatically?
No need to worry if you are unable to follow the manual steps due to complex process. To protect your PC from the worst impacts of browser hijacker, you are advised to make use of Free Seekdns.com Scanner. This software has been designed by experts which is capable to provide optimum protection to the system against all types of malicious threats. The best part of the software is that it support simple interface which can be easily used by novice users also. Hence, don’t make any delay in download the software if you want to protect your PC from further troubles.