I have detected .crptxxx extension in all the files and documents. I searched on the web and came to know that my system has been infected with Crptxxx Ransomware. When i try to access my stored files, it says that i have to purchase the decryption key by paying the ransom. These files are extremely important for me and i don’t want to lose them at any cost. Is there any way to restore the files without paying the fine? How can i remove the presence of Crptxxx Ransomware from my system? Thank you so much in advance.
Crptxxx Ransomware is identified as notorious ransomware which was discovered by MalwareHunterTeam. It employs (Microsoft’s user Account Control) bypass. Generally, it comes in the system with spam emails as an attachment and gets installed secretly. Crptxxx Ransomware uses AES cryptography algorithms to encrypt all types of files, data, documents, images, videos, PDF, Database files etc. After the file encryption, it will add .crptxxx extension in all the files such. (Eg. Sample.doc will be changed to sample.doc.crptxxx. When you will try to access these files, it will generate error messages that your file has been encrypted. It says that an unique key has been generated for your PC which is available on C&C server.
Crptxxx Ransomware will create ‘#_HOW_TO_FIX_!hta’ and README.txt file on the desktop. It will ask the users to follow the given instructions. Firstly, it says to install TOR browser in the PC and visit its link. This threat will display that it does not provide free service and user needs to make payment of 0.5 Bitcoins to get the key. You need to know that it is a trick used by the third party hackers to trap the users in their scam. In reality, there is no guarantee that you will get decryption key after sending the money. The worst part is that hackers are capable to track the online activities of the users and steal their credential information related to bank account number, passwords, login Id, user names etc. In such a circumstance, you will lose your important files as well as hard earned money. Hence, we suggest the users to remove Crptxxx Ransomware quickly instead of paying money to the cyber crooks.
Summary of Crptxxx Ransomware:-
- Name: Crptxxx Ransomware
- Type: Ransomware
- Invasion: Comes attached with spam emails, pen drives, free software etc.
- Symptoms: Encrypt the files, demands ransom from the users
- Infected Operating System: Different version of Windows
- Removal: Difficult
Guidelines to Delete Crptxxx Ransomware Manually:-
Step 1: Restart your PC in “Safe Mode with Networking”.
- Click on Start button and choose Restart option.
- Press F8 key continuously until Windows Advanced option appears on the screen.
- By using the arrow key, you need to choose “Safe Mode with Networking” option.
Step 2: Remove suspicious files, folders and icons created by Crptxxx Ransomware.
- Click on Start button and select Control panel.
- Go to Appearance and personalization >> Folder options.
- Check “Show hidden files and folder” to show all the hidden files.
- Identify the suspicious folders and remove them quickly from the PC.
Step 3: Remove fake process from Windows registry editor.
- In the run Box, type “regedit” and click on OK button.
- From the Registry Editor, select the bogus codes or entries related to the threat and click on remove button.
Step 4: End processes related to Crptxxx Ransomware from task manager.
- Hold Alt + Ctrl + Del together to open Task manager.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Identify the fake running task and click on End Process option.
Step 5: Uninstall unwanted programs from Control Panel.
- Hold win + R keys together to open Run box.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter key to open Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features option.
- Select the malicious programs related to Crptxxx Ransomware and click on Uninstall button.
Point to Remember: Users need to be technical in order to follow the manual steps. It is a risky and complicated process. If you will mistakenly delete any important file or registry entries then it will affect the system severely. It can cause permanent freezing of the operating system also. Hence, if you are not technically sound then do not follow the aforesaid manual steps.
Guidelines to Uninstall Crptxxx Ransomware Automatically:-
If you are completely annoyed with the existence of Crptxxx Ransomware then you are advised to make use of Free Scanner. It is a powerful tool which provides optimum protection to the system against all types of malignant threats. This tool is real-time application software which supports easy-to-use interface. It can be easily understood by professionals as well as novice users. You will get lots of advanced features with the tool in order to protect the system from further attacks. The trial version of the software is also available. Therefore, you are advised to download the software without making any delay.