email@example.com Virus is dangerous crypto threat that comes in the category of ransomware. It is mainly created by cyber criminals with main purpose to extort money from innocent users. This virus is mainly the variant of Explorer ransomware. Once it enters it will scan the whole system and encrypts your various data ort file and demand ransom for its decryption key. It uses AES cryptography algorithm to encrypt the file and append the file name as .explorer extensions. After encryption, it will create a ransom note named as READ_IT.txt and put it in each folder containing encrypted files or display on the computer screen. According to ransom note, it contains a short message about encrypted files and payment method to buy decryption key.
Cyber criminals demand ransom in the form of Bitcoins in exchange for decryption key and encourage users to buy it from designated web addresses. The cost of decryption key is $200-$1000 declared according to amount of files encrypted. It can also warn users that if you not make payment in 24 hours and want to remove this virus then you will lose your file permanently. After infiltration, Explorer ransomware will create new registry entries in Window Registry to achieve high level persistence that can open the backdoor for other malware threats into the system. It can also block Window Firewall and other security tools to be undetected.
Explorer ransomware is mainly distributed through spam email attachments, via exploit kits, peer-to-peer sharing of network, freeware and shareware downloads, visiting suspicious sites and much more. It is strongly recommended that never pay any ransom money to the cyber criminals. It is not sure that you will successfully receive decryption key after make payment. Once you make payment, you will automatically connect to the cyber criminals. Through this virus cyber criminals monitor your online activities and steal your private information for improper use. Therefore, it is hardly advised you to remove firstname.lastname@example.org Virus (Explorer ransomware) from the PC as soon as possible.
Manual Guidelines to Remove email@example.com Virus (Explorer ransomware):-
Step 1: Restart the compromised PC in “Safe mode with Networking”.
- Reboot the PC by clicking on Start >> Restart option.
- Tap F8 key repeatedly until Windows Advanced Screen appears on the screen.
- From the list, use the arrow key to select “Safe mode with networking” option.
Step 2: Remove suspicious files, folders or icons created by firstname.lastname@example.org Virus (Explorer ransomware).
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Appearance and personalization >> Folder options.
- Click on the View tab.
- Check “Show hidden files and folders” option to view all the files.
- Select the suspicious files related to email@example.com Virus (Explorer ransomware) and remove them immediately.
Step 3: Terminate fake processes from Task manager.
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del keys together to open Task manager.
- Click on Processes tab.
- Select the bogus task related to firstname.lastname@example.org Virus (Explorer ransomware) and click on End Processes option.
Step 4: Remove bogus codes or payloads from the Windows Registry Editor.
- Open Run command by pressing Win + R keys.
- Type “regedit” in the box and click on OK button.
- Select the fake entries or codes associated with email@example.com Virus (Explorer ransomware) and click on Remove button.
Step 5: Uninstall unwanted programs from Control Panel.
- Open Control panel by typing “appwiz.cpl” in the Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove programs.
- Select the unwanted programs and click on Uninstall option.
Important Point for Novice users: If you are thinking to remove firstname.lastname@example.org Virus (Explorer ransomware) with the help of manual steps then be careful. It contains some complex steps. If you will accidentally delete any important file then it can affect the system performance. Hence, if you don’t have much idea about the internal files then do not follow these steps.
Automatic Guidelines to Get Rid of email@example.com Virus (Explorer ransomware):-
If you are unable to follow the manual steps due to complex process then no need to worry. To help the novice users, experts have created Free firstname.lastname@example.org Virus (Explorer ransomware) Scanner which provides real-time protection to the Windows PC. It is fast and efficient tool which carries ability to scan the system internally and remove all the malicious programs permanently. The interface of tool is user-friendly, so it can be handled by novice users also. Hence, if you want to prevent your PC from further hazards then download the trial version of the software now.