Look1213@protonmail.com Ransomware is a dangerous file-encoder virus that can be classified as ransomware. It is mainly created by cyber criminals with main purpose to make illegal profit from infected users. It is the part of BTCWare Ransomware family that has been quite active in June, 2017. Once it infiltrates the PC, it will scan the whole system and encrypts your various data or file and demand ransom for its decryption key. It uses the combination of AES and RSA cryptography algorithm to encrypt the file and append the file names using different type of extensions such as .blocking, .master, .btware, .cryptowin, etc. After encryption, it will create two ransom note named as “!#_RESTORE_FILES_#!.inf” and “#_HOW_TO_FIX_!.hta” and put it in each folder containing encrypted files and also display on the computer screen. According to ransom note, it contains short message about encrypted files and mode of payment to buy decryption key.
Look1213@protonmail.com Ransomware is mainly spread via spam email attachments, via exploit kits, peer-to-peer sharing of network, freeware and shareware downloads, visiting suspicious sites and much more. Cyber criminals behind this ransomware demand ransom in the form of Bitcoins in exchange for decryption key and encourage users to buy it from designated wallet address. The decryption key is stored in the server of cyber criminals. They can also warn users that if you not make payment in given time and want to remove this virus then you will lose your file permanently. After penetration, Look1213@protonmail.com Ransomware makes new registry entries in Window Registry to achieve high level persistence that can allow other malware threats into the system. It can also block Window Firewall and other security tools to be undetected.
It is strongly recommended that never make any type of payment to the cyber criminals. It is not sure that you will successfully receive decryption key after make payment. Once you make payment, you also support their malicious business. Therefore, it is strongly advised you to remove Look1213@protonmail.com Ransomware from the PC as soon as possible.
Manual Guidelines to Remove Look1213@protonmail.com Ransomware:-
Step 1: Restart the compromised PC in “Safe mode with Networking”.
- Reboot the PC by clicking on Start >> Restart option.
- Tap F8 key repeatedly until Windows Advanced Screen appears on the screen.
- From the list, use the arrow key to select “Safe mode with networking” option.
Step 2: Remove suspicious files, folders or icons created by Look1213@protonmail.com Ransomware.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Appearance and personalization >> Folder options.
- Click on the View tab.
- Check “Show hidden files and folders” option to view all the files.
- Select the suspicious files related to Look1213@protonmail.com Ransomware and remove them immediately.
Step 3: Terminate fake processes from Task manager.
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del keys together to open Task manager.
- Click on Processes tab.
- Select the bogus task related to Look1213@protonmail.com Ransomware and click on End Processes option.
Step 4: Remove bogus codes or payloads from the Windows Registry Editor.
- Open Run command by pressing Win + R keys.
- Type “regedit” in the box and click on OK button.
- Select the fake entries or codes associated with Look1213@protonmail.com Ransomware and click on Remove button.
Step 5: Uninstall unwanted programs from Control Panel.
- Open Control panel by typing “appwiz.cpl” in the Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove programs.
- Select the unwanted programs and click on Uninstall option.
Important Point for Novice users: If you are thinking to remove Look1213@protonmail.com Ransomware with the help of manual steps then be careful. It contains some complex steps. If you will accidentally delete any important file then it can affect the system performance. Hence, if you don’t have much idea about the internal files then do not follow these steps.
Automatic Guidelines to Get Rid of Look1213@protonmail.com Ransomware:-
If you are unable to follow the manual steps due to complex process then no need to worry. To help the novice users, experts have created Free Look1213@protonmail.com Ransomware Scanner which provides real-time protection to the Windows PC. It is fast and efficient tool which carries ability to scan the system internally and remove all the malicious programs permanently. The interface of tool is user-friendly, so it can be handled by novice users also. Hence, if you want to prevent your PC from further hazards then download the trial version of the software now.